Sunday, June 29, 2008

So, I think he's finally heard me

There's been an ongoing discussion in this house for the last few weeks. The discussion goes something like this. "I'm done being married to you." "what? say you don't mean that!" "I mean every word." "you're cheating on me. you wouldn't take away my life like this for any other reason." "No, I'm not cheating on you. But I'd like to take care of this so that I can live my life and move forward as a person. I'm trying to do the right thing here." and then life has gone on and the conversations lead the husband to think that there's nothing real about my expressions of a need for more than he has been capable of giving me in the 12 years since we met. 

This past week, my dear sweet daughter was gone at a thing and that freed up our evenings to have that conversation every. single. night. 

Wednesday was the worst, by far. Wednesday he told me that he would just move away. 3000 miles away and be gone from our lives and how would I like that?! Of course, I lovingly replied "With My Money?" because dude hasn't been able to support himself, let alone a wife and 3 kids, anytime in the last 4-5 years. 

On Saturday, after he tried to get my daughter (who had been home from her thing for about 20 minutes) to give him dirt on me and my goings and comings, there was another discussion. No fighting. Just clearly spoken words that indicated without question or doubt that the marriage is over.  

And then there was this....he has already gotten his old job back and has secured housing with his daughter and he's moving the 3000 miles away just as soon as he can. 

Manly. huh? Fucking just abandon your kids and leave and move away as far as possible and blame me for the whole fucking thing. 

It's okay. I can take it. I'm really trying to do the right thing and I think, I really think what I'm doing is the right thing. There's plenty of places and jobs around here that he could find and have, but it's just not his character to stick around and do the right thing for the 6 year old. His thing is just to abandon. It's what he's best at. 

All the better for me.

2 comments:

"Constance-1-M" said...

I hate to say it ~ sometimes kids are better off if the dad is just honest about his shit-head status & jumps ship from the beginning. It leaves room for the great guys to show up & take over the job their dads are missing out on.

Sounds like both of you will be better off in the long run ... but the short run SUCKS eggs.

Constance the Super said...

Ugh. What a tool. I do agree with Constance-1-M. And what you're doing sounds like it is the very best thing-- it just sucks a whole lot right now.